SURF Student Paper Competition at the Upcoming Symposium on Bioremediation & Sustainable Environmental Technologies
Submissions are now invited for the Sustainable Remediation Forum (SURF) Student Paper Award at the upcoming 2nd International Symposium on Bioremediation & Sustainable Environmental Technologies, May18 to 21, 2015 in Miami, Florida.
- Symposium registration
- A cash award to assist with travel costs
- Placement in the Symposium program
- Award of commemorative plaque
- Opportunity to include the paper in the Symposium proceedings
General requirements for eligibility, scope and review criteria, format, and submission procedures are as described on the symposium website. One SURF award will be granted, and the nature of that award will also be the same as described on the symposium website.
Additional details specific to the SURF Student Paper Award:
- Papers that address the “Green and Sustainable Remediation” and “Sustainable Site Management Strategies" themes (example topics 10a-10f and 11a-11d) may be submitted for the Sustainable Remediation Forum (SURF) award; such papers will be reviewed by members of SURF.
- Papers eligible for the SURF award will include elements of sustainable remediation. Additional review criteria will evaluate the successful incorporation of sustainability into the project, and how environmental, economic, and social factors are addressed.
- The definition of sustainable remediation is the use of sustainable practices during implementation of remedial action activities with the objective of balancing economic viability, conservation of natural resources and biodiversity, and the enhancement of the quality of life in surrounding communities.
For more information on the SURF Student Paper Award, please contact Mike Miller or Keith Aragona. For more information about sustainable remediation and SURF, please review the many resources on the SURF website.