EPA's Superfund Green Remediation Strategy - September 2010 Update
EPA has updated its Superfund Green Remediation Strategy, reflecting extensive public comment on the August 2009 draft. It also reflects refined EPA policy, modified activities within the key actions, and other developments as green remediation matures. Examples of initial products generated through completed strategic actions include:
- Deliver or host green remediation training through the Technology Innovation and Field Services Division's training infrastructure.
- Develop a fact sheet on clean fuel and emission technologies.
- Incorporate green remediation factors into remedy optimization evaluations.
- Develop and periodically update a green remediation contracting tool kit.
- Analyze existing methods and software tools for evaluating the environmental footprint of a cleanup.
EPA welcomes additional comments from stakeholders as implementation of the strategy continues. Information about green remediation strategies on a regional or site-specific basis is available from Superfund Green Remediation Coordinators in each EPA region. Fact sheets, tools, and regional policies are available via SURF's links pages.