Corporate Water Footprinting Conference
The 2nd annual Corporate Water Footprinting conference and exhibition will take place December 2-3, 2009 in San Francisco, California.
Corporate Water Footprinting will outline the risks and opportunities water poses to business and offer practical advice on mapping and reducing water consumption in products across the supply chain. As well as discussing new methodologies and standards for water footprinting the event will examine how companies are addressing water issues at a strategic level including: corporate engagement on water policy, collective action on water issues, unravelling the water-energy nexus, the development of water policy and regulation, the growing interest of water to the investment community, and corporate engagement with NGOs and activists on water issues.
The conference will include:
- Case studies from corporate leaders in water management and efficiency
- The latest methodologies and standards for water footprinting
- New water policy and regulation development, and how companies are getting involved
- Water stakeholder engagement strategies
- The potential impact of the "human right to water"
- Individual sessions on water market development, frameworks for strategic water management and the water-energy nexus
Expert speakers include:
- Robert Barbieri, Global Environmental Project Manager, Diageo
- Dan Bena, Director of Sustainability, Health, Safety and Environment, PepsiCo International
- Elissa Loughman, Environmental Analyst, Patagonia
- Matti Rihko, Chief Executive Officer, Raisio
- Kirstin Thorne, Corporate Advisor, Global Issues and Policy, Chevron
- Alex McIntosh, Director of Corporate Citizenship, Nestle Waters North America
- Tom Cooper, Corporate Water Programs Manager, Intel Corporation
- Debra Vernon, Manager, Corporate Responsibility, California American Water
- Jonah Schein, Marketing Specialist, WaterSense Program, EPA
- Kasey D. Schimke, Assistant Director, Legislative Affairs Office, California Department of Water Resources
- Adam Krantz, Managing Director, Government and Public Affairs, National Association of Clean Water Agencies
To download the full event brochure click here.
To register click here.