UMASS Green Remediation Conference - Call for Abstracts
International Conference on Green Remediation, June 15-17, 2010, Amherst, Massachusetts
The conference will address the full range of environmental, energy, and economic aspects of green and sustainable remediation, taking into account the energy requirements of treatment systems, air emissions, water use requirements, and impacts on water resources, land and ecosystem use and impacts, energy use and renewables, material consumption, reuse, and waste generation.
Abstracts are encouraged in all areas of green and sustainable remediation, from basic to applied research, from case studies to demonstration projects.
Potential topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Sustainable Remediation Technologies
- Green Cleanups (e.g., low impact design, clean construction)
- Greening Brownfields
- Sustainable Site Redevelopment
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Renewable Energy Projects on Contaminated Sites
- Ecological Revitalization
- Green Nanotechnology for Site Remediation
- Water/Energy Use and Efficiency
- Process and Site Optimization
- Sustainable Reuse
- Measurement and Assessment Techniques
- Best Management Practices
- Decision Support Tools
- Cost and Performance Case Studies
- Global Perspectives on Sustainable Remediation
- Policy and Regulatory Issues
Deadline for platform presentations is November 1, 2009.
Abstracts will be accepted online at http://www.umass.edu/tei/conferences/GreenRemediation/GreenHome.html beginning mid-August 2009.
For more information, visit http://www.umass.edu/tei/conferences/GreenRemediation/GreenHome.html.