SURF 9 Summary
SURF 9 was held on February 24 and 25, 2009, at Northgate Environmental Management, Inc.’s office in Oakland, California. The two-day meeting marked the ninth gathering of stakeholders in sustainable remediation – industry, government agencies, consultants, academia, and other environmental practitioners.
The meeting focused on the future of the SURF group, and featured a series of technical presentations including:
SURF 10 will be hosted by Baker and McKenzie LLP on June 16 and 17 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Bart E. Croes, P.E., California Air Resources Board – California Environmental Protection Agency, California’s Air Pollution and Global Warming Policies
- Curt Stanley, Shell Global Solutions, and Dave Woodward, AECOM Environment, RBCA Evolution in the US: Considerations for SURF Initiatives
- John Ryan, AECOM Environment, Sustainability Considerations for Sediment Remediation Sites
- Karen Scheuermann, US EPA Region 9, Estimating the Environmental Footprint at a Corrective Action Clean-up: Pilot Study at Romic East Palo Alto
- Larry Myer, WESTCARB Technical Director, California Energy Commission, Working Toward Sequestration Commercialization in the West Coast Region
- Tom O’Neill, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Green & Sustainable Remediation: How ITRC Reduces Regulatory Barriers to the Use of Innovative Environmental Approaches
- Tom Sale, Colorado State University Center for Contaminants Hydrology, Diffusion, 14 Compartments and Sustainability