Call for Abstracts: Groundwater Issues and Water Management - Strategies Addressing the Challenges of Sustainability in California
The Groundwater Resources Association of California, in cooperation with USCID, the US Society for Irrigation and Drainage Professionals, is requesting abstracts for the upcoming conference:
Groundwater Issues and Water Management - Strategies Addressing the Challenges of Sustainability in California
The conference will be held March 4-5, 2014, in Sacramento, California.
Submit your abstract online by September 1, 2013, at http://www.grac.org/giwm-abstracts.
Many topics will be covered, including:
Sustainable Water Supplies
- Climate Change Adaptation Strategies
- Importance of Infrastructure Design and Investments
- How Groundwater Fits into the "Sustainability" Picture
- "Are My Groundwater Uses Sustainable?""Are Yours?"
- Practical and Legal Definitions of Sustainability
- Water Quality as a Measure of Sustainability
- Water Conservation: Intended and Unintended Consequences
Visit the conference website to learn more.