The mission of the SURF Communications Committee is to provide a unified and consistent message, internally and externally, for effectively communicating SURF’s objectives, activities, and future goals.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Promoting SURF and sustainable remediation
- Distributing information about SURF and committee and initiative activities via the SURF website, newsletter, external publications, webinars, and email communications
- Providing a clearinghouse for and links to case studies, technical articles, complementary programs, and other information of interest via the SURF website
- Encouraging SURF members to write articles for internal and external publications
- Developing, updating, and sharing the SURF Communication Guidelines with the Membership
- Soliciting suggestions on how to improve the feedback and resolution loop
- Preparing and updating the “Who Is SURF?” presentation
- Reviewing and providing standardization of external SURF communications prepared by SURF’s Membership, Board, Committees, and Initiatives
- Providing material support to outreach initiatives that seek to increase diversity in our membership
- Acknowledging the importance of volunteering and outreach initiatives
To get involved with the SURF Communications Committee, please contact Maile Smith.