The Holiday Inn University Center is holding 25 rooms for SURF 15 attendees at the CMU rate of $129 (plus taxes) until September 17, 2010. Dinner at the end of the first meeting day is walking distance from this hotel.
Holiday Inn University Center, Pittsburgh
Request to speak to the sales office and request the group rate for SURF.
The Holiday Inn University Center is also offering SURF attendees a parking rate of $10 per day versus the usual $20. Attendees should mention "SURF" and request the special rate upon registration.
100 Lytton Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The group dinner at the end of the first meeting day is a SURF tradition. The group dinner for SURF 15 will be held on October 5th at 7pm at the Pittsburgh Athletic Association. Cash bar is available at 6:30pm.
4215 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Sign up for dinner ($40 fee) on the meeting registration page. Dinner includes a buffet with a selection of three entrees, three side dishes, salad, dessert, nonalcoholic beverages, taxes, and tip.
Participants with special dietary needs should contact Mike Rominger.
After arriving on campus, the first place to look for parking is the East Campus Parking Garage, a pay-as-you-park facility. There are entrances at the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Beeler Street and also on the south side of the garage closest to the University Center and Gesling Stadium. The south side entrance can be accessed on Forbes Avenue just past the intersection with Morewood Avenue. Additional parking is available in other locations throughout campus. For complete details, see the campus map.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus.
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport, there are several transportation options to bring you to campus or to your hotel (see below). Our hosts have recommended the 28X Airport Flyer (see third bullet below).
- Taxi service. The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $40-$45, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs outside of the airport, but if you need to call a service, call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
- Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer bus stops in the heart of the Carnegie Mellon campus and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip is free for Carnegie Mellon students and costs $2.25 for other passengers. For more information about schedules and rates, please visit http://www.portauthority.org/paac/ or call 412-442-2000.
- Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826.
- Hotel Shuttle Service. Because many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then on to Carnegie Mellon, please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations.